Behrend Bernhard, Esq.
In a game of monsters and mystery, you tell the truth, the whole truth, and everything is a lie. Behrend Bernhard, Esq. is a performative game in which players ask questions and give answers to determine who killed the strange client of Bernhard. This does not represent a real courtroom by any means, so please, rules lawyers, return to your seats.
- One player to play Behrend Bernhard, Esq. - a prolific lawyer, the most vocal of the players.
- Two to ten players as witnesses - people from the town, injected with original personalities.
- One player to play the court reporter - the town expert who tallies the accounts.
- Means to record individual accounts, digitally or on paper.
- Sheets of paper to tear (newspapers and useless mail works well)
There is a “twist” in this game! You get to know about it in advance because twists are, often, idiotic. In this twist, everyone has the potential to be The Monster. At the end of the game, The Monster makes a declaration of their innocence -- or guilt -- and then describes how they escape, how they kill everyone in the room, or how someone manages to escape. That’s the end of the game! If that’s unsatisfying, take this game and rewrite it on your own, citing the original creator.
In order to download this party game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this party game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Free copy for any marginalized people, includes class based marginalization & low income!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.